Why Support Boosters?
Why Support the Grimsley Athletics Booster Club?
* Approx. annual expenses of GHS athletic department: ~ $ 180,000+
* Annual funding provided by Guilford County Schools: ~$ 17,500
* Funding gap: (~$162,500+)
Grimsley’s athletic department makes up this deficiency primarily with ticket sale revenues, concession sales, and Booster Club support.
Examples of recurring expenses facing GHS’s athletic department (before any $$ is available for uniform/equipment purchases):
* $23,000- annual transportation costs for teams to/from games
* $35,000-$40,000- annual field maintenance expenses (not incl. mower expense)
* $20,000- security at games
* Other costs: Game referees, coaches, field paint, balls, equipment, uniforms, scoreboards, replacing sound systems in gym and stadium, building upkeep/repairs, helmets, safety equipment, scoreboard maintenance and replacement, mower/tractor expenses, new weightlifting equipment
Again, the athletic department needs Booster Club support to cover these costs
The Booster Club’s biggest funding sources:
* The Booster Bash (see reverse) – this event has raised ~$95,000 in 3 years
* GHS-PHS Rivalry Reunion Golf Tournament – ~$45,000 in last 3 years
* Concession stand sales: >$80,000 in last 3 years
* Sponsorships and memberships: >$40,000 in last 3 years